This post is only for fun and meant to point out how poor security is and how easy it is to change your boarding card. Changing your boarding card may result in you not being able to board and prosecuted.I fly a fair bit with Ryanair. I was reading their in-flight Mag on my recent flight with them to see that there is a glaring mistake in their "aren't we a great airline company" page:
Passengers who avail of our FREE online check-in service enjoy the double benefit of skipping queues at both check-in and boarding, as Check'N'Go passengers automatically receive priority boarding onto their flight.Besides that mistake and Ryanair stealing €5 from you each way if you want Priority Boarding, I thought what is stopping you editing your own printed off boarding card to give yourself Free Priority Boarding?
It turns out nothing! And I sucessfully managed to skip the queue on my recent trip with a modified Boarding Card. I present to you my:
Guide to Free Priority Boarding in 10 Easy Steps!
1. Book a flight with Ryanair
2. Choose: 0 Bags & Online Check-in And No to being one of the first to board the aircraft:
PDF 995, It's Free!
4. Check-in online up to 5 days before your flight and print your boarding card to PDF.
5. Open the PDF in Photoshop (YES! You can do that!)
6. Move the page down a bit to make room for the two new lines:
7. Add the text: PRIORITY BOARDING PASS in Arial, 14pt, Bold Italic.
8. Print the Image to PDF, scale it to A4 size.
9. Open the PDF and then print it to your physical printer.
10. Enjoy FREE Priority Boarding :-)